Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Party's Over





Oh...I suppose.
That's as good a blog title as any.
It was an unintentional month long blogging break....I guess we could also call it
*And she lived to tell about it!
or
*Are you still here?
or
Fifty ways to hit fifty.
Yup..it's true. This old gal at this old farm hit the big five-oh, and it didn't hurt even a teensy bit.
Somewhere in that month I
got a job
quit that job
got rehired
quit again
had some wonderful house guests
had a not-party birthday celebration
went to a few outdoor concerts with fabulous friends
got invited to some really great parties
nailed down the design for the kitchen remodel
freaked out about kitchen remodel costs
moved the fridge to discover rotting floor
decided kitchen remodel isn't optional, it's mandatory...
unless I wanna fall through the floor

I was a whirlwind month, several times I tried to sit down and blog...but the words
just didn't flow...yup...the girl who can hardly talk today because she wore out her voice last week can't pull together enough words to write a paragraph or two.
Odd..I know.

So, if I find more words I'll be back..if not...I'll pop in now and then and read what the rest of you are doing out there in blogger land.

Cheers!
I'm off to the lumberyard and then it's time to sit down and plan the kitchen demolition...
Woohooooo!
I just love the feel of a properly balanced wrecking bar ;)

6 comments:

Quilly said...

Welcome to 50. I have found it to be no different from 49. ;)

Let me recap what you've missed at my place: We're back in Hawaii. I am now unemployed -- replaced by a minimum wage worker. I have produced my first blog video -- Quillian Quibbles -- and I am hoping to make it a regular feature. Amoeba has accepted a UW position and we'll be moving to Friday Harbor permanently around the beginning of the new year.

I think that covers it. Happy kitchen remodeling.

kenju said...

Belated happy birthday!! and happy kitchen renovation to come.

Dianne said...

welcome to the 50s
you're gonna be a star :)

love the photos
so many lovely ladies

welcome back
I missed you

theSNAPsisters said...

Happy Birthday! the parties just gettin started!

for the love of a house said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you've had quite the month! 5-0 is next year for me:O! I think it will be okay, my rough time was turning 40,now that was hard!

I totally understand how some days the words just don't come... nice to see you back!

Lori said...

Dang girl, that was one busy month. Talk about overwhelming.

Happy birthday! The big 5-0 comes in six years. I try not to even think about it. I was talking with my high school friend tonite. I havent talked to him in a while. He said, Lor. your 42 and I am 41. I am still thinking he's like 30- which was when we were paling around together. Just where does the time go?

So I hope you had a chance to celebrate your amazing life and your wonderfulness!