Sunday, September 20, 2009

Home Again


This little birdie had lunch with us on Catalina Island. My goodness...such a charming island, I found another fantasy place where I would like to live someday...guess I better get busy and buy lottery tickets.

All six little birdies in the family are home safe from a wonderful vacation.
I'd never been on a cruise, never had a strong desire to go on one...but now I understand why some people are so fond of them. A cruise ship is a little crowded for this farm girl, but our service was fantastic...the staff on the ship was charming and attentive.

I haven't unpacked, haven't started the laundry...but I've spent several hours in my garden, I've made two batches of marinara with my home grown tomatoes, garlic, onions and herbs.
Nothing helps me settle back in like playing in the dirt and stirring up something in the kitchen.
Ahhh....home!

Now...about that laundry.
Tomorrow.
Maybe.

3 comments:

quilly said...

Welcome home. I am glad you had a grand time!

Lori said...

It is a bit crowded but I think the food compensates for that. yum.

Dianne said...

welcome home!
did you have any escapades with handsome pool boys? ;)