Thursday, May 8, 2008

H is for Hoop House

Yesterday was a big day, lots of running around taking care of loose ends. My last stop for the day was here, at this wholesale plant nursery. I just love to walk into a hoop house full of plants...ohhhh...the possibilities! This is where I used to work. OK...so I really didn't do any work. I walked around the hoop houses, picked out what looked good, made lists..and then tried to sell it to retail nurseries. It was a part time gig...perfect for a time in my life when I wanted to gear down a bit. I made sales calls, did some phoning and faxing, and drove around to different retail plant nurseries. I always joked with people when they would ask what I did. I said I drove around, made friends and talked about plants...hopefully scoring a few orders in the process. What's not to love about a job like that for a plant lover like me? I haven't worked there for a couple of years but we still stay in touch. Last week the owner of the biz called me and asked if I'd like to come over for a glass of wine, a bit of a visit and to pick out a hanging flower basket. How nice is that? He's a great guy. Thanks Alex!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture and great chice for H!!!

Carletta said...

Having a hoopty time at the Hoop House!
Beautiful plants.

Dr.John said...

A very interesting H picture indeed.

Minkydo said...

Perfect choice. I get to go pick out some plants this Sat. I will probably spend too much money :)

Robert said...

I can think of worse places to hang out. This is very nice. Visually pleasing image.

Dianne said...

that's a great picture!!

I never knew it was called a hoop house - I always call them tennis bubbles - yes, the city girl in me.

Melli said...

When I walk in there I just see dollar signs flying out the window! That is a hot house of opportunity for me to kill little green things! And I spend a fortune doing it! Great "H"!