Wednesday, May 21, 2008

V is for Vandals

"all creatures great and small"

V is for vandals...garden vandals that is. A few days ago I was on this blog whining about the bunnies eating my arugula and nibbling on the peas. I take it back...
Yesterday, as I was out weeding in the veggie patch, naughty puppy was not too far away from me...sniffing, running, playing....doin' the stuff that puppies do.

The Husband came out back and called out to her to see if she wanted to go for a ride to town, Puppy Girl loooves to go for rides. She came-a-runnin', full blast...with a baby bunny in her mouth! Acckkkk! She dropped that bunny faster than a hot rock, "heck with the bunny mannn...I wanna go to town!"

I ran over to where she dropped the poor bunny and I picked it up. Those are my lovely blue garden gloves in the photo...surgical gloves....I swear by 'em.

Anywhoooo....I took bunny's picture, and then put bunny back where puppy was playing in the long grass. There was a fuzzy bunny nest over there, I sure hope she survives all that puppy/people trauma.

I'm off to plant some more arugula for her....I hear she and her family really like it. Hmmmm....I wonder if I should plant some more peas as well.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest vandal I have ever seen! I am so glad the dog didn't hurt it.

Dr.John said...

You have a big heart to care for a vandal like that.

Carletta said...

So cute and so precious! Actually, I love that blue glove in there - a little pop of unexpected color!

Anonymous said...

Nice the little bunny family can hit up "Shelly's hope office" for some grub-keep planting. It's tough times for bunnies the squirrels are taking everything!

Val said...

My cat wants to know if he can come to your yard and play. He's tired of being stuck inside chattering at the birds.

Robert said...

That's gotta be one of the cutest vandals ever. I'm sure he'll get time off for cute behavior.

kenju said...

Oh, that poor sweet bunny. It reminds me of one that my son brought home from a construction site when he was 9 years old. It was found by some workers and they gave it to my boy. I wonder what the mom thought when she went back to the nest and her baby was gone?

femme hesse said...

How cute is that! There is a massive amount of bunnies on my daughter's campus, out of control actually. Many people buy them as gifts for their kids for Easter, then decide they don't want to take care of them and dump them on the campus.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog, I appreciate your comment.
Peace,
Susan

NW Nature Nut said...

Uh-oh...bunnies can really eat a lot, but they are so cute! I'd love to see them hopping around my yard. So would Nina, my dog, ha! I have loved he alphabet posting a day. It's been fun to see what you come up with.

Karen Coutu said...

I'm glad the poor little thing seems to be okay. My beagle brought a squirrel to the door once. Needless to say, I did not let him in the house.