Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I can't watch any more

This photo above is exactly how I feel these days about the political insanity going on around me. I can't watch it any more.

Last weekend I decided it was time to bust out and get away from the constant media assault. I've made up my mind, I don't need to watch any more debates, hear any more of those dreadful TV or radio ads...I'm done....it's become all too creepy on both sides.


So I hopped in the rig and went over the river.


Through the woods.

My directions said to go past the rocks, ah...there they are.


If you see the cute little shack you're on the right track.


All you need to do is walk along the fence-line until
you come to an opening.

Keep hiking in the direction of those flags you see
off in the distance.

And you're guaranteed to find a gathering of joyful people.

The best part of the whole adventure was that I was able to hear these two songbirds.

Amazing.

I love it when I find new music, something different.
Several years ago I heard her and she stopped me in my tracks - now her career is really taking off, it's been great to watch her rise.
Now I've found someone new that I think has real potential.
The Shook Twins have a wonderful gift,
check out their amazing harmonies.

6 comments:

jkluginbill said...

Your adventure was much better than the political one we are on now.

Troy and I mailed in our ballots. We. are. DONE. FINISHED. no more anything...Can't wait until Nov. 5!

I enjoyed your pics. Lovely.

Dianne said...

your entire trip looks magical

Charlene Amsden said...

I am so tired of the political crap that I've turned off and tuned out, too. Enough.

bobbie said...

I think most of us have tuned it out and are just waiting until the day after.

Marvelous music! Thank you.

Carletta said...

Wonderful images - loved your narrative!
I think we're all tired of the political scene. I've said for weeks that I wish the election was tomorrow.
I checked out the Twins sight - super harmony and guitar!

Lori said...

Midwya throught he last debate I too tuned out. So fed up witht he propoganda, criticism, polls, balh, blah, blah. My minds made up. Done too!

I took a listen to all the ladies. Very pretty voices. One of my favorite, folky songs is , I'll fly away. I heard it at a festival years ago in TN. I loved it. Went out looking for it. I had a certain sound in mine. COuldnt find it. Finally found it when "Oh Borther" the movie and soundtrack came out. It was sung exactly like I wanted to hear it sung.