Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bright Lights, Big City



And deep fried truffles?
Oh. My.

When I was released from my jury duty on late Monday I met "the girls" down at Elliots on the Pier...it's one of our regular spots for chick chat and catching up.
Since I'm a foodie I tend to watch what the waitstaff is bring to other tables.
I was in the middle of a sentence and came to a stop...I'm a talker, it takes a bit to get me to shut up. My girlfriend chuckled and said "what did you spy?"...I said I saw what looked like a plate of meatballs and ice cream! I was close...it was deep fried chocolate truffles with a couple of scoops of ice cream.
Hmmm...
I'll think I'll stay with their fabulous deep fried halibut cheeks, maybe a shared knife and fork salad...and crabcakes for appetizers.
Thank you very much.

4 comments:

Carletta said...

Your city experience got better and better I see!

Anonymous said...

How about letting me nibble on just one of those bonbons? I am curious.

Zion Girl said...

Yum..Yum...Yummy!

Lori said...

Meatballs and ice cream, zikes?

Oh, crab cakes, I just love crab cakes.