Saturday, May 31, 2008

From the Ground Up, Catch Up

I've been off-grid and unplugged so I've missed a few days of From the Ground-Up. Bummer. I've been looking around and catching up on some of the other participants project posts...they're great!
Today I was driving home and saw this avalanche chute...people were hiking up carrying snowboards and skis so they could ski or board down. What a lot of work for an icy, chunky, bumpy run. I love to ski...but give me a chairlift and a groomed run. Oh yeah....and ski patrols and avalanche safety crews. Call me a princess, I can take it.

I took this shot around the corner from the avalanche chute. It looks like another world, I know. It's exposed to the sun so the snow is melted off. If you click on the photo to enlarge it you can see a railing for a scenic look-out point at the top of the white rock area. It gives you some idea of the scale of the cliff.
I was going to tell you that I went rock climbing today and took this photo after I had finished rappelling down this rock face....you'd believe me....right? He he...
*Bloggers note: I just noticed that Anna Carson has announced Project Blue....guess this last shot qualifies for my first post. Prepare for Blue, Wahooo!

9 comments:

Robert said...

Isn't it great keeping your camera with you at all times. Look how it's paid off for you. I love the second image with the brilliant blue sky. Nicely done. And fyi, I'm finishing up my first entry for Project Blue right after I post this comment!

Anonymous said...

Definitely blue, and definitely UP. Well combined. I'll post my first Project Blue offering in a few and I am also combining it with my Up post.

Anonymous said...

Go back and read the comments on my Rainbow Dove post. I have finally responded and you'll likely find the answers you seek scattered like sand -- a little covering everyone who walked the beach ...

Anna said...

Yes, it qualifies and I love the angle!

Anonymous said...

Makes me dizzy just looking at it. Great photo! Love the bear photo too, I can't imagine coming across that on the side of the road!

Debbie said...

Way up! You just happened to drive by on way to work? Gosh, these 2 are beautiful and what a way to start a work day!

Melli said...

Oh goodness! I'm with ya! Well... I don't ski at all anymore -- but NEVER down something like that! OUCH!

The blue sky most assuredly qualifies! Very nice indeed!

Gattina said...

Snow now ?? that's amazing ! beautiful pictures !

Raven said...

Seems like a blue enough sky for project blue to me. Glad someone besides me used the sky for blue. It's amazing that those two photos are such a short distance from each other. It's an amazing world.