Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Periodical Princess

A trip to the mailbox and what do I see?
It's a couple of magazines waiting for me!
Is it Garden Design or Bon Appetite?
Either of those, such a wonderful treat.

Trinkets and treasures from Pottery Barn,
blankets and pillows pretty with yarn.
Seed catalogs maybe, spring's on the way
I've been dreaming of lettuce fresh every day!

But what do I gaze at to my great dismay?
Not something I'd ever want to display.
I'm sure these are loaded with wonderful tips,
but unladylike words just left my lips.

I'm not at all happy, can't say I'm sad.
It's not that either of these mags are bad.
It's just not exacly what I'd hoped to see!
A mag all about cows and their pooh and their pee?

3 comments:

jkluginbill said...

Funny. That wouldn't be my first choice in reading material either.

Like your rhyme...very clever you are.

Tami said...

Too funny! Who knew that such a periodical existed? Not likely to have any decorating or cooking articles...Gardening tho, fertilizer and all that good stuff.

theSNAPsisters said...

I too loved the new pottery barn-all those fresh colors! Your blog is looking awesome!