My fellow blogger Bobbie at http://bobbie-almostthere.blogspot.com/ tagged me for a meme a while back. I didn't have the foggiest idea how to do it, I tried a couple of times but kept getting interrupted. Tonight I decided to have another whack at it.
Guess we start out by giving you the rules we're playing by, so here goes:Link to the person who tagged you.
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
3. Tag six random people at the end of your post, by linking to their blogs.
4. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on theirwebsite.
5. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
Six Shelly quirks? Oh my...there are so many...how do I choose.
1. I can't tolerate litterbugs. It makes me crazy. I've been known to be confrontational when I catch someone in the act, I know...not such a good idea to do this to total strangers. My blood boils when I find cigarette butts on my property from hay truck drivers and the like. I want to take those butts and dump them in their lunch bag.
2. I love starting projects, I love new ideas, the design phase ( I loooove graph paper), assembling supplies for said project, digging in and when I get about halfway, I fizzle...and it doesn't bother me a bit...it makes everybody else (except my dear husband) crazy, which I find quite amusing.
3. I've gone from a girl who drove highways with nary a care (and put on a LOT of miles for work and fun) to a woman who detests highways. My chest gets tight just thinking about a long drive on a multi lane road. It's not the driving I mind, it's the aggressive nature of the people I share the road with. Give me a back road and I'm a happy camper.
4. I'm 48 and I try to dress appropriately for a woman my age. I lose all respect for women my age who dress like hookers....I don't care how intelligent they are or how much money they have. I don't care to see aging cleavage when I go out for lunch, besides...most cleavage at our age looks more like butt crack (oops..sorry), it's gross. If they are taking their fashion tips from "Desperate Housewives" then they need to think about that when some creepy guy hits on them, it's because they look DESPERATE! And when they complain to me that some guy said something inappropriate to them I will NOT blame the guy for being creepy. Creepy guys say creepy things to women who are dressed like hoochies.
5. I use a lot of slang, in my everyday language and in my writing. Sometimes I think I should knock it off. In my own little freaky world I am allowed to speak however I want but when I hear someone on television say "these ones" I get crazy....it makes me want to call the network and tell them to hire someone who can use the english language properly.
6. I'm frugal, crazy frugal. It's a game for me. I hate making major purchases, it gives me anxiety. I never used to be this way, I'm at a place in my life where money worries have moved to the back burner, but I'm more conservative than I've ever been in my life. This is the girl who used to have quite a few credit cards and carried a balance on too many of them. It took me a long time to learn that "stuff" doesn't buy happiness and having a "cushion" stashed away feels a lot better than a closet full of stylish clothes or a snazzy car.
I give up...I'm still link challenged and I feel like an idiot. Hey, can I blame it on blogger....say it's not working correctly? I guess I can't tag six people...but at least I got the six (I could do sixty) quirks down on the screen. Yay!