Thursday, April 3, 2008

Crafting Crackpot

I took this photo of these charming tags on bottles in my wine rack quite a while back. They are little thank you notes tied to a bottle of wine and presented as a hostess gift. The cute tags were made by my paper crafting girlfriends.
Paper crafters amaze me, I envy them...when it comes to paper crafts I got nothin'...and I mean zero. Once in a while my friend Tami will have a group of gals over for an evening of papercrafting. Oh my, those women show up with papers, gadgets, doo-dads and lots of photos. They set up a little work space with their cutters and stamps, and they make ordinary photos into charming pages in scrap books, it's art. I look on in awe. I have purchased papers, cutters, doo-dads...I have boxes and boxes of photos. I'm incredibly fond of all those pretty papers, I want to be like those paper crafter girls, I want pretty albums filled with photos artfully arranged...but it's just not in me.
I go to the party at Tami's, it's so very nice of her to invite me because she knows I'm going to be the lady on the couch with a glass of wine and big dreams of being a paper crafter.
It's never going to happen.

5 comments:

jkluginbill said...

You are a necessity at the girly crafting parties! Everyone needs the lady on the couch drinking wine...

I noticed a few of those tags were from Tami - she is so good at that! I so look up to her! :)

You have other gifts...you are farm Shelly extraordinaire! I admire that!

Lori said...

I have all those do dads too. But no time. I dont know you and all your talents but you sure are good at taking lovely pictures of flowers and posting them for me to see. Thank you for bringing Spring to this North East girl.

Dianne said...

You are to gardens and growing what the lovely ladies are to paper crafts.

Everybody wins!

I am the woman with wine on the couch at beauty parties. I'm so bored with that stuff but keep getting invited. Maybe I'm their before picture?

Casdok said...

I love thsoe tags!

Lisa said...

I want to give you a hug. I know what it's like to want a talent you just do not possess. Everyone is right you know. You do have so many wonderful gifts. You make me laugh and that's pretty great. I don't do that so much.

Okay, I just cannot get the image of you sitting on the couch, drunk, and crying because you can't 'do paper' while the girls gather round and wipe your tears. hee hee.