Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Project ...uhhh....BOTH! #3

Last summer I tucked this artificial birdie on an old birdcage that had fallen over in the patio garden, a fun surprise for the little kids that visit. "Birdie" used to be inside the cage but when the wind kept blowing the cage over, I decided to just leave it there and let the vines tumble over it. When I originally placed "Birdie" out there she was quite the looker...brightly colored and eye catching. Now she's fading into the background and looking a little worse for wear...hmm...kinda like somebody else I know...that lady I see every morning in the mirror.

8 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Shelly: If you hadn't said it wasn't real I would have been wondering what type of bird it was. Nice capture.

Karen Coutu said...

Nice shot! Love how the center is so sharp. Great job!!

Robert said...

I love reading the stories behind the pictures. Too funny. Poor little fake birdie.

Raven said...

Your mirror is playing the same tricks my mirror is. Cool photo. I would have assumed he was a real guy if I hadn't read the text. At least he has nice green, leafy shelter.

maryt/theteach said...

You know Shelley, I wouldn't have thought the bird was fake... Great shot! Happy Earth Day!

Lori said...

I wouldnt have known either. he looks about the right color. Or maybe she, since she is kind of drab.

I dont even really look at the woman much in the mirror anymore but I do thank God I have a body to get me around!

Anonymous said...

I would have thought it was a real bird!! I'm sure what you see in the mirror each morning is better than that! :P

Carletta said...

The composition of the photo is wonderful - no matter the bird is fake!
I love it.