Sunday, April 27, 2008

Project Green

132 Window Panes

I just counted. There are 132 individual panes of glass out in the party barn. A lot of the panes are from the orignial windows...they're fogged and not so easy to see through. Some have BB gunshot damage from before my time. For some strange reason I don't want to replace the panes like this one in the photo...I feel like there is a story attatched to this and if I fix it then the story will be lost. So for now, I have a stack of replacement panes and I'll fix the two that just broke in a wind storm...but not this one here....at least not for a while.

5 comments:

bobbie said...

That's a lot of glass! I kind of understand how you feel about the replacement though.

On the subject of farms - Do you read Barbara Kingsolver? Namely, her latest book, Animal Vegetable Miracle

Shelly said...

Bobbie - Kingsolver's Poisonwood Bible is one of my favorite books. I haven't read Animal, Vegetable Miracle yet but it's waiting in the wings!

Raven said...

What a neat photo. Like a puzzle in a way. Wonderful shot. I love your tulip photo down below too. Magnificent.

Robert said...

This is incredible. I look forward to coming her to see what you post (no pressure). This is so creative, and so visually pleasing. I'm glad you didn't fix this one. It seems to work just fine. :)

Carletta said...

I love the old glass!
This photo is terrific - very clever!