Thursday, March 13, 2008

Blog-a-holic...In Sickness and in Health

The Husband got really sick Sunday night, I thought it was a delayed reaction to the anesthesia from his knee surgery on Friday. Turns out it was a really wicked stomach flu, cuz yesterday it knocked me flat...with a bucket by my side...sorry..I know....too much information.
Yesterday, while I was croaking on the couch and he was starting to feel human again...he brought me one of the first daffodils, he's been doing this for as long as I can remember. I told him a few weeks ago that I wanted to take a photo when he did the front door flower presentation...but heck....it took every bit of energy I had to snap the photo, I went straight back to the couch.

These are the "old farm" daffodils. They were scattered around the farm when I moved here, I dug them up and moved them to an area where they would be appreciated in the early spring.

Easter is just around the corner, these trillium were planted by moi when I first moved here 28 years ago. I would love to pick them but I like to let them go to seed and make more, they're a favorite.


Pretty Pieris, absolutely stunning.



Vinca is unruly but I really like the blooms in the early spring...it's a love-not-so-much-love relationship I have with vinca.




This 'wine' vinca looks really great next to an iris I have that has a purple streak in the foliage.
Now I know I'm a little over-the-top with this blogging mania. I haven't eaten a thing in 36 hours because of the stomach flu, but I managed to make it outside to take flower photos for the blog....I'm dizzy, woozy, feverish....but I'm snappin' photos and bloggin'....hmm....problem?
Yesterday I posted while horizontal. I had a post ready to go in my archives, all I had to do was reach over to my lap-top in my flu-fog....make a few keystrokes to "publish"...pheewwww...didn't miss a day!
Blogitis....I got it.....it's a sickness.
I'll take blogitis over the flu any day of the week.





5 comments:

bobbie said...

What a lovely tradition - the first daffodil.
Feel better soon.

Dianne said...

Oh feel better!

Hubby is a keeper!! What a romantic.

Daffodils are lovely. You'll be up and out to enjoy them soon. Rest a bit.

Diane Mandy said...

Blogitis--Did I catch it from you?

Lisa said...

how sweet and beautiful! take care of yourself & feel better soon.

Tami said...

That is sweet, but really after giving you the flu it was the least he could do. Hope you are both well soon!