Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring Pruning

My old pruning shears were dull and worn...and I wasn't in the mood for sharpening...I was in the mood for pruning. I had to go to the hardware store anyway so I picked up an inexpensive set. I'm a big fan of Felco #6 & #8 but they cost a pretty penny, I chose this set...sorta looks like a Fiskars...but I think it's a knock-off. They work great!



This is the other new pruner around here. She was watching me prune the passion flower vine. I thought it had died back but I left about 12 inches just to see if it would sprout...little missy here snapped it off . I guess I've got a canine garden assistant.



Woody vines make great chew toys...doncha know?




She's a very efficient pruner, snapped it below the ground...just keeping things tidy





I was cutting back last years growth on the ferns and look what I found. An abandoned birds nest with an egg that the critters didn't get.





Still working on those close-ups.


Focus, focus, focus....that New Years resolution...I'm workin' on it.

3 comments:

Lori said...

I am enjoying Spring in your photos. Thanks for sharing the beauty!

Dianne said...

I'm enjoying Spring through you as well.

Been meaning to ask. Does puppy have a name yet? did I miss the announcement?

theSNAPsisters said...

I love nests!